We are looking for highly-talented grad students who are passionate about distributed systems, algorithms, and networking. Our research spans the whole range: algorithms, theoretical analysis, system design, and AI/ML in the context of novel distributed systems. If interested, please apply to our grad program and mention either me or the LIDS lab.
We study foundational scientific principles that enable Internet-based services to be reliable, scalable, secure, high-performance, energy-efficient, and low-cost. Current research topics include:
- Web and Video Content Delivery.
- Algorithmic and Theoretical Foundations of Distributed Systems.
- Web and Video Performance.
- Energy-aware Green Computing.
- Networking and Networked Systems.
- User Behavior and Economics in the Internet Ecosystem.
Over the years, we are lucky to have had talented students who have made major contributions to the state-of-the-art and have established successful careers in academia and industry.
- Sohaib Ahmad (Doctoral)
- Kevin Spiteri (Doctoral)
- Anirudh Sabnis (Doctoral)
- Arielle Rosenthal (Doctoral)
- Aditya Sundarrajan (Doctoral). First position: Facebook Research
- Vani Gupta (Doctoral). First position: Providence College.
- Sweetesh Singh (Masters). First position: EMC
- Brandon McPhail (Masters)
- Michael Sindelar (Masters). First position: Google.
- Shashi Singh (Masters). First position: Bloomberg.
- Harish Venkataramani (Masters). First position: Google.
- Suprakash Datta (Doctoral). First position: York University.
- Kamal Kumar Kasera (Masters). First position: Goldman Sacks.
- Lixin Gao (Doctoral). Currently: UMass (ECE). Sloan Fellow, IEEE Fellow, ACM Fellow.
Other Student Collaborators/Mentees:
- Dr. Abhigyan Sharma, First position: AT&T Labs Research
- Dr. Benjamin Heintz, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Daniel Berger, University of Kaiserslautern