Currently, Prof. Ali Sarvghad and Prof. Cindy Xiong are seeking graduate students.
Prof. Ali Sarvghad is looking for a PhD student to conduct innovative and exciting research in the area of “provenance for supporting visual analytics”.
- Background in visualization/HCI research
- Knowledge of quantitative data analysis techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience in developing and applying machine learning models is preferred
If interested, please send the following materials to Ali Sarvghad at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a cover letter stating background, experience, interest in the position,
- the names and contact information for three references, and
- a relevant sample of published work (if any).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Prof. Cindy Xiong is looking for graduate students, beginning in Fall 2021!
Cindy is looking for someone interested in research at the intersection of psychology and data visualizations. You can familiarize yourself with this line of research by reading the publications here.
You are highly encouraged to reach out to Cindy at email@example.com if you are interested or have any questions. Once you contact Cindy, she will correspond with you to find a time to chat. Expect this to be a casual conversation about your background and research interests. All backgrounds (not just computer science) are welcome!
We are always seeking motivated undergraduate students to join our team. If you are interested in HCI or Visualization research, look through our Projects page to see which of our ongoing projects might be of interest to you.